Nigerian Army Recruitment 2023/2024 Information
The Nigerian Army as officially referred to is Unarguably the biggest Military force in the country. it is well respected and adored by many. Due to the nature of their operations, they have so many people interested in working with them and at such they have created a platform that enables individuals who are interested and as well fit to apply through. The Nigerian Army recruitment
The Nigerian army Recruitment recruits staff yearly to fill up vacant positions and during the process state diverse requirements for the Nigerian army Recruitment with which their candidates must possess. These requirements are what we will put forth to you in this article and form availability and where to get the Nigerian armyRecruitment form will also be stated.
The Nigerian Army DSSC & SSC Recruitment 2023
Nigerian Army Recruitment 2023 – At this moment, All Interested applicants for the Nigerian Army Recruitment should read this article carefully because it contains Up-To-Date information on this recruitment exercise. Eligible Nigerians (Who have met the recruitment requirements) are invited to submit their applications to the Nigerian Army Recruitment portal 2023. This would ensure their commission into the Nigerian Army as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Officers.
All positions listed here in this article for DSSC is open both to civilians and already serving military personnel. However, there is an exception to the already serving personnel which is that only serving military personnel who are directly sponsored by any Services of the Nigerian Armed Forces to civil institutions will be considered.
General Requirements for Nigerian Army Recruitment
Applicants For all positions must meet the following conditions:
- Applicant should be a Nigerian following the dictates of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be a male/ female between 20 and 30 years of age, while those applying for the position of a medical consultant should be not more than 40 years of age by January 2023.
- Be physically, mentally and medically fit according to the Nigerian Army standards.
- No inscriptions or tattoos are welcome
- Be recommended by at least two prominent referees who must attest to the Candidate/ applicant’s character and lifestyle. Present valid contact addresses/ telephone numbers of parent or guardians and that of the Next of Kin as well.
*Points to take into Cognizance while trying to fix yourself a referee: Referees could be a Local Government Chairman/Secretary, an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and equivalent who must hail from the state of the applicant. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.*
- Applicants must submit a “letter of Attestation” from their former Agencies/ institutions.
- Applicants Must Have a valid “certificate of state of origin”.
- NYSC discharge certificate or a valid exemption as the case may be.
- Applicants Must Measure at least 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
- Applicants must not have previously been convicted by any court of law for civilians while Military personnel must be free from any sort of disciplinary case (To be endorsed by the Commanding Officer).
- Applicants Must Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit from any recognized/prominent institution of learning.
- Possess a valid birth certificate which has been properly endorsed by the National Population Commission (NPC), Hospital or Local Government Council (LGC) or at least should tender a valid age declaration.
- Graduates with professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
- Academic Credentials Must be from 2009 till date; if not it will be disregarded.
- Candidates must tender all original copies of their educational certificates (Ones indicated in the application form) Primary to Tertiary Level.
For Service personnel, they must possess the following;
- A valid military identity card
- Letters of recommendation by their Commanding Officers,
- A valid letter(s) of Nigerian Army sponsorship in tertiary academic institutions,
- They must have served for a period of not less than 5 years in the unit.
- Candidates must not belong to any cult/society/fraternity.
- All female applicants are hereby advised to seek for commission into specialist corps like Medical, Legal Service, Supply and Transport or Army Public Relations.
Terms of Service
- Direct Short Service Commission will last for 15 years, an initial period of 8 years and it is renewable yearly for another period of 7 years making it 15 in Total. Direct Regular Commission may be granted on conversion after 3 years as a commissioned officer.
- Note that Conversion to Direct Regular Commission is not automatic. It is rather based upon available vacancy for the period and other criteria that will be in force from time to time.
- All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance on the terms and conditions governing the Direct Short Service Commission before they are granted commission into the Nigerian Army.
- The reckonable period of service will be based on the date of commencement of cadet training of both civilian and military personnel entrants.
- N.B: Medical Consultants Officers on successful completion of military training shall be granted the rank of Major.
- N.B: Officer Cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of Lieutenant with no advantage of seniority.
The Positions Available for application
- Nigerian Army Corps of Supply and Transport
Requirements for Nigerian Army recruitment:
Interested Applicants for this position should possess a minimum of B.Sc/ BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas of study: Food Tech., Business Admin, Economics, Marketing, Catering and Hotel Management, Shipping and Supply Chain Management. Having a previous good working experience will be an added advantage for interested candidates.
- Electrical Engineer
Requirements for Nigerian Army recruitment
Applicants should possess a minimum of B. Eng or HND in Electrical Electronics with other relevant trade qualification from government – approved institutions.
- Aeronautical Engineer
Applicants Must Possess a minimum of a B.Eng or HND in Aeronautical Engineering, with other relevant trade qualification from government – approved institutions, with at least 3 years work experience.
- Mechanical Engineer
Applicants should possess a minimum of B. Eng. or HND in Mechanical Engineering with at least 2 years work experience.
- Directorate of Army Physical Training
A minimum of Second Class Lower degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Physical and Health Education, Sports Administration (PGD),Human Kinetics, Sport Coaching, Physiotherapy or Sports Psychology.
- Fire Fighter
Applicants must possess a minimum of B.Sc in Chemistry/Physics with NCAA approved Fire Fighting License from any recognized organization
Still On Nigerian Army recruitment
- Air Traffic Controller
Applicants must possess a minimum of B.Sc in Geography/Physics/Mathematics with NCAA approved Air Traffic Control License.
- Short Service Combatant Commission Officer
- Nigerian Army Signals
Minimum of B.Sc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Telecommunications Engineering, Satellite Communication, Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems.
- Directorate of Islamic Affairs
Minimum of BA, B. Ed (Second Class Lower) degree in Arabic and Islamic Studies, LLB Sharia with Diploma in Arabic from either of this Universities; Azhar University, Cairo or Saudi University.
Note: All applicants interested in this position must produce a testimony of excellent character from a reputable religious organization in Nigeria. Applicants must be fluent in English Language.
- Directorate of Army Public Relations
Applicants must possess a minimum of B.Sc, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in Radio Operation and Performance, Graphic Design, Public Relations, Journalism, Printing, Radio and Television Broadcasting and Advertising.
N/B; Candidates for this position must produce evidence of Membership to any Professional body in relation to media operation and journalism.
- Directorate of Chaplain Services
Minimum of BA (Second Class Lower) degree in New Testament Theology, Old Testament Theology, Pastoral Psychology, Pastoral Counseling and Child Evangelism from any of the Seminaries/Universities recognized by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant).
Soldier applicants must have served the Nigerian Army with at least 5 years experience in Chaplaincy and must be recommended by the Nigerian Army Directorate of Chaplain Services .
- Nigerian Army Officer of Military Police
Minimum of B.Sc, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Sociology, Psychology,Criminology.
- Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic)
- Nigerian Army Education Officer
How To Apply For The Nigerian Army Recruitment 2023
TO Apply for any of the positions listed above for this year’s Nigerian Army Recruitment, Visit this Link To get all the guidelines to apply for this recruitment. You can also follow the steps we have written below to apply immediately.
Follow the steps below accordingly:
(1) Log on to www.nigerianarmyms.ng
(2) Study the criteria for qualification.
(3) Visit the Homepage, Select either among DSSC or SSC application type.
(4) Click on ‘Register’ Link above to fill up the registration form with the right details.
(5) Once registration is successful, you will receive a success email notification from ‘The Nigerian Army'(NA).
(6) Click on ‘Login’ to fill in the forms.
(7) Add your profile (This will require a passport photo and your biodata).
(8) Add your qualifications (WASSCE, and other certificates should be filled in this section).
(9) Upload/Edit supporting Documents (Attach your Certificates here).
(10) Print your photo cards.
First Page of print out must be signed by a Court of law while the second page must be signed by the Chairman/Secretary of your Local Government or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, above or equivalent who is from your State of Origin.
Required Documents For Nigerian Army Recruitment 2023
- Passport photograph.
- Educational certificates.
- Evidence of membership of any professional body.
- Certificate of state of origin.
- Birth certificate or age declaration.
After Uploading all this documents—–Print Out.
Print out the online generated photo-slip on completion of your application.
The first page of the print out is to be signed by a Court of Law and the second page is to be signed by the Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above who hails from your state.
Successful applicants who are shortlisted for screening are required to present their printed photo-slip to the selection board during the interview process.
After considering your candidacy, you can find out whether you are accepted for screening. Check with your application number. If you are luckily accepted for screening, read the information below:
Items needed for state screening:
You will have to come to the screening center with the following items:
Original and photocopies of the credentials
Scratch cards for online verification of result (WASSEC/GCE/NECO/NABTEB)
National Identity card/slip
Passports and full size 5 x 7 photographs
Candidates are only allowed to apply for one job position. Those who get themselves involved in multiple applications will not be considered.
Online application is free for the Nigerian Army Recruitment
Don’t pay money to anyone who claims to work with the board or who is selling the form because it is all free.
This page will be automatically updated as soon as the application form for the Nigerian army Recruitment is out for sale and application is welcome for applicants. You are hereby advised to bookmark or save this page and reload it as soon as we are expecting the form to be out soon.
We cherish your opinion and look forward to getting one. Kindly comment below if you are interested in the Nigerian army Recruitment recruitment exercise so we will keep you updated as soon as there is an update on this page (or available forms).
Watch The Video Below and be careful not to pay money to anyone for this recruitment. Everything is free and no payment is required for application:
This is the latest news so far on Nigerian army DSSC Recruitment. We will continually inform you about any changes while we continually pray your application is successful. Good luck!